Summer Jobs, Internships and Career Moves
This year, social media can be your greatest resource for finding a summer job, internship or career opportunity.
- Next time you visit Facebook, make sure you follow NYC Jobs to discover the most up-to-date NYC careers information and openings.
Latest Edition | Clara Barton College and Career Handbook
The Clara Barton High School College Guide
has been designed is a great resource for all CBHS scholars, especially our Juniors, Seniors, and their families. It provides information and guidance about the responsibilities to be carried by you in the months ahead. CBHS graduates are completing college degrees and pursuing challenging and high-paid careers in record numbers. Start your journey to higher education by clicking here
- June 15- 2016 Arts Ambassadors NYC Teen Mentorship Program. Click here for more.
- August 4-5- Bridging Access to Smith College. Click here to register.
- August 8-12- New Visions, in partnership with SUNY Herkimer, is offering the College Explorers program for rising seniors; details coming soon.
- Ongoing- These programs provide students with engaging real-world career experiences.Check out the NY Exploring program calendar.
- Ongoing Recruitment- Hudson Guild- POWER UP (Providing Opportunities for Work Education & Recreation). Click here for more.
- Rolling Admissions- RECYouth, multimedia extracurricular program. Click here for more.
- Ongoing Recruitment- Ranger Conservation Corps (RCC), urban environmental internship. Click here for more.
- Ongoing Recruitment- NYC Parks Department Jobs, Summer Lifeguard. Click here for more.
- Ongoing- The LGBT Center Youth HSE Prep. Click here for more.
- Ongoing- Brooklyn Educational Opportunity Center (BEOC), academic and career training. Click here to apply.
- Ongoing Recruitment- In Our Backyards (IOBY) connects donors and volunteers to environmental projects. Click here for more.
- June 15- Grace Outreach offers a $1000 college scholarship for young women who participate in the CUNY enrollment summer bridge program. Click here for more.
- June 22- Levin-Goffe Scholarship was established to help support undocumented immigrants pursuing higher education in NYC who also identify as LGBTQI.
- August 15- SUNY/CUNY NYS STEM Incentive Program. Click here for more.
- August 31- American Red Cross "Leaders Save Lives" Scholarship. Click here for more.
- Ongoing- Raise.me Micro Scholarships. Click here for more.
- Ongoing- Dosomething.org. Click here for more.
Link to Top 2016 Scholarships and Financial Aid
For Students, Parents, and Teachers, to search hundreds of 2016 scholarships, visit: www.ScholarshipsOnline.org
. Features the latest scholarships, education grants, and financial aid opportunities.
NYC Arts Programs for Teens and Youth
to access a comprehensive list of arts programs available to teens in venues throughout the city. Many programs are free or low cost.
Interested in $5 theater, music, art or dance tickets?
High 5 Tickets to the Arts
gives teens exclusive access to New York City’s thriving arts scene for just $5! Through the generosity of over 300 arts organizations in NYC, High 5 offers $5 tickets to events ranging from dance to music to theater and the visual arts—they've got a taste of everything for everyone!
But High 5’s got more than just $5 tickets. The Teen Reviewers and Critics (TRaC) program and Freelance Writing Corps offer teens the chance to explore NYC’s culturescape, write about their experiences and publish their work on The High 5 Review, an interactive media hub fueled by teen arts coverage. Visit their website
for latest information.
Transcript requests can be made in writing. Be sure to include the following information:
- full name as it was when you attended Clara Barton
- date of birth
- year of graduation
- contact telephone number
- address where you want the transcript sent
Mail your letter along with a $3.00 money order to:
Clara Barton High School
901 Classon Avenue
Brooklyn NY 11225
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Connell at 718.636.4900, ext 214.
Higher Education and Career Information
It's never too early to start thinking about college and career! We Connect Now is a website/blog created to serve college students with disabilities. It was developed in an effort to connect and integrate college students with disabilities as a virtual community with a voice on important issues. Visit the site to find resources, links, blogs, latest news and more.
Support our varsity teams!
Get the latest information on our varsity sports @ PSAL.